Restrictions Based on Convictions: When applying for a license, you will be asked about past convictions.
Documentation or Licensing: A permit is required to possess body armor.
- If you do not already have your license please apply here before making your purchase with us.
- Permits are not required for those working in certain jobs and generally only for the performance of their work, including:
- A person employed by the Government of Manitoba or the Government of Canada, or a department of agency of either government, if the person is required or authorized to wear body armor in the course of his or her employment
- A band constable appointed under the Indian Act (Canada)
- A community constable in a community under The Northern Affairs Act
- A person employed by an armored vehicle service, if the person is required or authorized to wear body armor in the course of his or her employment
- The holder of a security guard license under The Private Investigators and Security Guards Act
- The holder of a body armor seller license or a prescribed person or member of a prescribed class.
Where to Purchase: Can be purchased from authorized dealers, retailers, or online suppliers.
Official Government Source: The official provincial site of Manitoba
Body armour laws Canada Manitoba