Restrictions Based on Convictions: To get your license you will be asked about your criminal record.
Documentation or Licensing: A permit is required to buy, transport, or wear body armor.
- If you do not already have your license please apply here, before making your purchase with us.
- Permits are not required for the following, check the act for more information:
- Members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, members of a police service as defined in the Police Act, and peace officers while acting within the scope of their authority and in the course of their employment or designation;
- An ambulance attendant under the Emergency Health Services Act while the ambulance attendant is acting within the scope of the ambulance attendant’s authority and in the course of the ambulance attendant’s employment or designation;
- An individual designated as an inspector under section 98 of the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act while the inspector is acting within the scope of the inspector’s employment;
- An individual who is a security services licensee or an investigator licensee under the Security Services and Investigators Act while the licensee is acting within the scope of the licensee’s authority and in the course of the licensee’s employment or designation;
- A wildlife officer under the Wildlife Act while the wildlife officer is acting within the scope of the wildlife officer’s authority and in the course of the wildlife officer’s employment or designation;
- An individual who has been issued a valid licence under the Firearms Act (Canada);
- A firefighter while the firefighter is acting in the course of the firefighter’s employment;
- A business owner, or an employee of a business, who in the ordinary course of that business or employment purchases, sells, transports or otherwise deals with body armour;
- An individual who has been authorized to use or permitted to wear body armour under the authority of an enactment;
- An individual designated or described in the regulations for the purposes of this section.
Where to Purchase: Can be purchased from authorized dealers, retailers, or online suppliers.
Official Government Source: Alberta Justice - Body Armour Control Act
Body armour laws Canada Alberta